Are you an emerging writer based in Australasia? Would you like to travel to the UWRF18 for an unforgettable literary experience, along with the opportunity to have work published in Meniscus magazine?
In partnership with the Australasian Association of Writing Programs (AAWP), we are proud to announce the return of the AAWP x UWRF18 Emerging Writers Prize. Enter your short story or poem based on this year’s UWRF theme, ‘Jagadhita: The World We Create’, to take advantage of this excellent prize.
The winner will receive a 4-Day Main Program Pass to UWRF18, accommodation for the duration of the Festival, and AUD $500 towards airfares. In addition, they’ll receive a one-year membership to the AAWP and fully subsidized conference fees to attend its annual conference, where they’ll be invited to read from their winning work. In addition, the editors at Meniscus will consider the work for publication.
Sound good? Read the details below and get writing!
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- This competition is open to emerging writers across Australasia. Emerging writers will not have a full-length, single-authored, commercially published print publication in any genre. Emerging writers who have published in electronic format only, or who have published work in collections showcasing multiple authors, are eligible.
- The Prize opens on 13 March 2018 and closes at midnight on 30 June 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted. The winner will be announced on the UWRF website and the AAWP website no later than 15 September 2018.
- Entries should not exceed 30 lines (poetry) or 3000 words (prose).
- Entries should respond to the UWRF theme. The 2018 theme is ‘Jagadhita: The World We Create’.
- The entry should be formatted as follows — line spacing: 1.5, font size: 12 point, font: Times New Roman.
- You may enter as many times as you wish. Subsequent entries incur a separate fee.
- Any entries that do not follow the rules will be disqualified. If an entry is disqualified no refund will be given.
- Entries may not be altered after they have been submitted.
- The UWRF/AAWP reserves the right to disqualify any entry that breaches the rules.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence or discussion.The award is for unpublished writing, including online publication.
HOW TO ENTER
Please go to the AAWP website aawp.org.au for further information, available under News (Opportunities) or Journals (Meniscus).
The entry fee is AUD $20.